[RT] Re: 12/19 and bonds

Interesting.  Just thinking of the "surprise" 10 year auction done by
Treasury a few weeks back done to take pressure off the repo market.
Now lets see what they do when there are inbalances of their own
creation.  I guess the good news is that they did it a couple of
months early.  This Treasury is turning into much more of a trader
than I gave them credit for.

Chris

--- In realtraders@xxxx, bruce.larson@xxxx wrote:
> Another poster here and I both agreed a while back the bond would
top
> out on Dec 19.  December 19 is the last trade and delivery deadline
> for December futures.  There's going to be one heck of a mad
scramble
> when all the bond longs demand delivery come December.  Who's going
> to give'em up?  Just watch.  Its going to get real interesting.  In
> fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the exchange has to come in to
alter
> the rules.  They did it for the German bobl contract in the mid 90s
> when there was a big squeeze and the shorts couldn't deliver.
> 30 year UK gilts are at 4.3 vs 4.5 for UK ten years.  Could be a
good
> proxy for things to come in the US.

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM