Re: [RT] Adaptive Stochastic

Bob,
        Now that
you mention it, I probably had a prediliction for FFT from my association
with geophysists like Clyde who use it to separate signal from
noise.  I've read but don't fully comprehend Ehler's articles on
Hilbert.  The speed with which the 0.5*Hilbert turns relative to the
1.0*Hilbert is remarkable.  It looks like the first derivative of
the 1.0*H, acceleration vs. momentum.  The inflection points are
generally the same.

        Right you
are that the classic stochastic gives a lot of false signals especially
if overbought/oversold levels are used as triggers.  Price
/oscillator divergence and crossing of %K  %D are better
signals.  The attraction of the Adaptive is that it is less noisy
than the classic, lengthening with the trend.

        If we
rollover here the 0.5*H, magenta, will turn down and create a price /
oscillator divergence--higher Stoch at the lower high.  The
AD_Stochastic in the 5th plot will give the same signal, but 0.5*H will
be much easier to see.

Charles Marchand