Re: [RT] Adaptive Stochastic

Clyde is a FF fan and uses it in his geology
analysis for oil drillers.  I have never been a fan of it for price
analysis because my experience with it on Telescan years ago was not
encouraging.  Attached is another example in the third plot down of a dual
stochastic where one period is based on 0.5 of the Hilbert (Magenta) and the
other is based on 1.0 Hilbert period(Yellow).  The idea was that if there
is going to be a trend change it might show up in the 0.5*Hilbert before the
1.0*Hilbert.  Note the recent crossing of the Magenta below the Yellow,
possibly suggesting a topping phase?  Stochastics will get you if
misinterpreted.  Remember that overbought and oversold are misnomer mind
constructs that price doesn't really care about.  In the case of
stochastics they can also mean trend mode.  That is the virtue of the
adaptive stochastic in that trend mode really means an increasing cycle length
and the plot then hangs onto the "overbought" or "oversold" levels.  The
classic stochastic is prone to giving false buys and sells.

bobr

<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV
  c_r@xxxxxxxxx