Re: [RT] bonds top?

All I'm saying is that intermarket correlations described by the
academics don't work consistently.  Nikkei appears to be
outperforming the Dow for the past few weeks and that could be a sign
of repatriation.  But that's equity funny money that's gravitated out
of Japan into the US over the past 10 years.  Will bond funny money
flee from the US back home to Japan where 10 year jgb yields are
1.6%, public sector debt is 140 of gdp, sovereign debt was recently
downgraded by S&P and Moody's, and the currency is being publicly
talked down?  I wouldn't bet on it.

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Dorothy K. Carter" <dorothy.carter@xxxx>
wrote:
> Just because this happend in 1993 does not mean it will now... we
are in a
> new world....  pre 911 there was a large liquidation of US Assets by
> foreigners..... that can continue especially if US$ decline
continues... or
> if U.S. is hit with continued terrorist attacks.    I would expect
gold to
> rally with a weaker US$  but we may be in scenario where
repatriation of
> funds from U.S. assets continue....all the new supply of debt one
would
> think would cause long end some trouble....  we'll

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM