[RT] Re: Dependency on imported Oil - another view

Personally, I would like to see the use of oil go the way of horse drawn
transportation. I realize that the reality is that nothing is as economical
at the present time, and there are those that make incredible amounts of
money from oil. (Even some traders). However, the associated costs are
becoming more and more egregious.

The only way to shut the money off to the terrorists is to have an
alternative so good that everyone decides that they don't need oil anymore.
That would cause the oil market to collapse and oil producers would have to
learn to do something else for a living. It is called progress and it has
happened many times before. Not hat it has anything to do with the post I'm
replying to, but refusing to change because someone will lose a job is
insane.

As it was mentioned in a private post to me, if we decided that it is as
important to end oil usage, as it was to create nuclear weapons I believe
that it could be done. We will have to face that music some day because
abundant oil is not going to last forever.

Prosper

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM