  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 8:00
  AM
  Subject: Re: [RT] THE UK SPECTATOR: How
  America went for broke
  I read the article in the UK Spectator and I'm really annoyed.
  It gives the impression that everyone else in the world in holier than thou
  and has no responsibilities in this WORLD economic implosion -- it's only
  American greed. The sublime message was that America alone is the demon
  because it worshiped the stock market. Well, how about you SLAWEKP, aren't you
  following the stock markets? And how about all the other internationals that
  are part of this list? Don't you guys and gal also have a stake in it? I'm
  really getting sick and tired of people attempting to dump on my country. Ask
  yourself, how did the American economy suck up vast resources from the rest of
  the world to feed our capital markets? It was plain greed by everyone else
  willing to contribute for greed, and we all share in this as human beings,
  even you SLAWEKP. As for this recession, it's world-wide and not just here. As
  for selling off much of our industries, the Japanese bought a lot before their
  collapse in the '80s and then we bought most of it back at fire sale prices,
  and maybe the same will happen again. As for China having an asian market to
  buffer its economy, bunk! Most of their trade is with the US. If we stop
  buying the junk they produce by slave labor, you'll see what over capacity
  really is. China will have the same over capacity as all that unlit fiber the
  article talked about. Also, the article subtly tends to brag about the other
  regional economies, the EU not mentioned, but implied. Well, between North and
  South America, we have a pretty damned good infrastructure, as well. America
  has been the world's energizer battery and all that prevails, lately, is a
  gleam in some eyes that we appear to be stumbling and in the worst case
  there's outright jealousy and hostility, as we've seen with the WTC attack.
  The more I read dribble like that in the UK Spectator, the more I become an
  American that would be very happy to return to isolationism -- screw the rest
  of the world. As all humans are greedy, they are also hypocrites. I'm fully
  coming to understand Caesar's remark: "et tu Brutus!"
  Ralph
  SLAWEKP@xxxxxxx wrote:
  here is view from abroad on USA
     <A HREF="<A