From: "Ralph Volpe" <rjv@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] THE UK SPECTATOR

> Mike, I'm glad you commented. I just read the DEBKA page and was a little
concerned with the escalation of events, but I think you put it in
> perspective: the news is unsubstantiated. You are also correct about the
staff as being good news writers. I read the material without a shred
> of disbelief or questioning, which I normally don't do.
>
> Ralph
>
> Mike Higgs wrote:
>
> > The problem with debka.com's stuff is that it is plausible AND
completely
> > unsubstantiated.  This combination is bad news because it runs the risk
of
> > creating hoaxes which on the Net take on a life of their own.  What if
they
> > ran a piece that indicated that biological weapons had been traced to
Bin
> > Laden cells in Germany, Canada, and Mexico?  They're good news writers
and
> > have a talent for fiction writing based on an element of truth or a
> > plausible event.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mike

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM