Re: [RT] INDU

Ralph,
I would certainly not disagree that the tone of the market has changed over
the last week (relief or washed out for the moment), but that may be just
the rally doing its work.

As I have posted, the charts for the S&P cash indicate that is a rally in a
bear market. Normally it's goal would be to make the shorts so extremely
uncomfortable they have to cover, by pushing it beyond where it should go
(certainly to 50% on the 60min if not higher). And in the process of doing
that, it sucks in the long sideline cash that cannot afford to miss a move
up.  The goal as usual is to fool the maximum amount of people.

Then it would seem to me that some type of test of the lows would create
chart patterns that "could go either way".  As such the the real heated
battle of the bulls and bears, has yet to begin?  October is the perfect
time for such a battle. Higher lows off of a momentum bottom on "individual
days" have had significant rallies. I would submit such a test on a longer
term chart is in the offering.

This would set up the potential for several things on the charts.  A wave 2
for an eventual up move, with the prior 1-2-3's turning into big A-B-C's, as
a new up trend developes.  Or a test that fails and completion of the
patterns that are currently in place.

In my opinion that test, should it occur, will "bear" watching? Admittedly
the fundamentals look pretty bad right now with the weakened economy, but
the jury is still out until that battle is over? It will be the difference
between "I think I can see over the valley" and "just get me out at any
price".

The other unknown may be the outcome may be news driven and the "news" makes
the charts or remakes them, maybe is a better word?

Sitting on the fence here, watching the troops line up.
don ewers