Re: [RT] S & P MMS sees larger U.S. growth drop in Q4 & Q1

hmmm..... The Fed running the airlines!!   Now *that* would be a win for
the terrorists.

We would have a pilot, co-pilot, assistant pilot, assistant co-pilot, a
vehicle manager, an assistant vehicle manager, a services co-ordinator and
management staff along with other assorted Fed employees ... maybe room for
about a dozen passengers on a 767 left after the gov "workers".  One plane
in 70 would depart within an hour of being on time but 70% would depart the
same day.   (Assuming there wasn't one of the 17 unions involved on
strike.  The new office of "Stress Control" for the employees would, of
course, be in charge of 143 other U.S. divisions running things and they
would want everyone to fly nude to prevent concealed weapons being smuggled
on and the service staff would sue over being over-heated while trying to
prevent the passengers from catching colds .... we would need a few more
taxes on permits/tickets to fly .. second mortgages would do quite well as
people use their home equity to purchase tickets and write off the
interest.  Ok.. got it,.... buy S&L stocks ... that's the ticket!

Bob

At 02:05 PM 9/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>No, I would prefer that they stand alone..  having said that we are at war
>and a war that is most probably not going to help the economy as a normal
>war would.  I just believe as most economists and analysts do that the
>airlines are an important engine to the U.S. economy.  I would imagine that
>at some point in time in the future that the airlines would be able to stand
>alone.  I have not seen the details of the bailout but did see that there
>was some ownership possibility on this so that the tax payers would not be
>so upset over the bailout...   I think the U.S. officials are in mode of
>damage control.. It's not every week you have Greenspan and Rubin meeting
>with the Capitol Hill gang as they have   today and last week... so there's
>plenty for them to be worried about.. Right now they are just trying to keep
>the infastructure in tact.....  I would hope at some point in time we will
>see us resort back to prior structure but it maybe longer than we anticipate
>at the moment.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!