Re: [RT] Cargo

Dorothy, please enlighten me. I  would agree that cargo is the bread and butter
for airlines: it's more efficient to load, less argumentative, doesn't require
food, and hasn't been know to hijack a plane yet (unless someone slips in a
Trojan Horse). Plus, with a reduction in people transport, you have more control
over illegal immigration, and that's going to become a big issue. Besides, and
I'm saying this with a grin, people would have to become voyeurs and tour the
world via the Internet. Ah, now wouldn't that help my tech stocks! And, for
those Greenies out there, less plane traffic will also protect our Ozone Layer.
People may even drop out of the gyms to bycicle from NY to CA and shake hands
with people across the country. Hey, I'm really beginning to convince myself
that losing plane traffic may be the best thing to come out of this.

"Dorothy K. Carter" wrote:

> Ralph... in my reply back to you I noted that there was rumors that the
> cargo component maybe lost by airlines and that this source of revenue might
> move over to cargo carriers ie FED EX   UPS  AIRBORNE as these carriers are
> not viewed as targets by terrorists...  Some would tell you that cargp  is
> the bread and butter profit  for the airlines and  that the people on board
> are the frosting... Have you ever noticed that when airlines are doing
> weight and balance tests prior to take off.. it is a person that gets off
> with a free ticket ... they don't go down and take off cargo........  It's a
> complex situation and truely  moving cargo and people are both  important to
> our economy

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MDsVHB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM