[RT] Re: NLP Coaching

couple of ideas, related but not directly.

There is a nice simple little meditation technique in Jose Silva's
book "You the Healer" that is quite effective.  Fo  me, none of these
things did much til I finally learned how to stop thoughts, as in a
Hindu or Buddhist meditation sense.  After you get to that stage
(which is really not that hard), it gets very interesting.  I read a
lot of books on eastern phil.  Also, some of Dyer's and Chopra's
(sp?) books are helpful.  I thought Dyer's "you'll see it when you
believe it" was much more insightful than any trading psychology book
I have read.

In the early 90s I went to a Douglas seminar tht was very insightful.
I think he has become expensive now though.  Douglas used to use hemi-
sync tapes from the Monroe Institure.  These are interesting in a
guided hypnosis kind of sense, though since I "got" the quiet mind
aspect mentioned above, I haven't had much interest in them.

Good luck,
Chris

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Dan Harels" <harelsdb@xxxx> wrote:
> I stumbled across an NLP/self hypnosis/hypnosis guru here in
southeast Idaho
> and I am interested in the experience of others with "coaches" of
this ilk.
> I will meet this person in a few days and I am interested in
suggestions in
> terms of questions I should ask and what kind, if any, of help I
can expect.
>   This person has a certification in NLP but I don't think he knows
much
> about trading.  I consider myself a low-end "journeyman" trader.
In other
> words, I am not a beginner but I have a long way to go before I
become a
> master.  I am considering using Mark Douglas' book "Trading in the
Zone" as
> a starting point for discussions with this person.  Any suggestions?

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!