  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 8:39
  PM
  Subject: RE: [RT] Re: President
Bush

  Dear
  Me,
  <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
  size=2>
  will not take a lot of time to  respond to your tired, liberal, naive
  dialog.  But I could not help at least saying something.  It is no
  wonder you
  are
  neither Republican nor Democrat.  You have no beliefs.  All you can
  do is rail against whatever is being done at that the time.  I
  would
  love
  to have had a dialogue like this during the Gulf War.  In this current
  attack you take the US to task for not taking out Hussein.  I'll bet back
  then
  you
  were spewing the same old crap you are spewing now about we shouldn't be
  there.  You speak of Bush' delivery being monontone.  The only

  <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
  size=2>monotone I hear is the same liberal dogma you and your ilk continue to
  put forth.  You never offer solutions just constant criticisms and
  untruths
  <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
  size=2>about those who are trying to do something.  By the way you must
  have thought Reagan was a wonderful president since you seem to judge
  them
  by
  how well (in your opinion) they deliver a speech.  One purpose of a
  speech is to bring people together for the common good.  From the
  reaction
  Bush' I would say you are dead wrong in your assessment of its
  effectiveness.  That must be what galls you so.
  <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
  size=2>
  Go
  back and reread your own monotone speech.  See if you can find even a
  hint of a solution.
  <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
  size=2>
  Bill
  Daniel

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Me
    [mailto:ibe98765@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 7:17
    PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [RT] Re:
    President BushDorothy,I did watch the
    analysis and listen to the discussions, in fact the TV has been on
    steady for that last 2 weeks jumping among various channels.  I
    have also monitored and posted on a number of forums.  I am neither
    a Republican nor a Democrat.  I vote for the whom ever I feel is
    the best person for the job at that point in time and yes, I did vote
    for Bush.  IMO, Gore was the bigger fool and Bush the lesser of the
    two evils by a very small margin1. I was not attacking Bush
    personally, I was critiquing his speech delivery.  His speech
    writers wrote and he said what people wanted to hear, which was the
    purpose of the speech.  I wasn't saying that Bush wasn't emotional
    (in his own way), just that he isn't a good speaker and doesn't show
    emotion well.  His delivery was monotoned and whether he is or not,
    he came across as the arrogant American stereotype.  I would have
    liked him to raise his voice, take off his shoe and bang it on the
    podium, show some facial expression, show something other than just that
    thin lipped smile/grin he has.  Given that he is President, Bush
    would do well to get some instruction in the art of public
    speaking.2.  Again, I find it interesting how Bush used "I" and
    you use "we".  Did you ever hear that old Lone Ranger joke where
    they get attacked by a band of Indians?  The Lone Ranger says
    "looks like we are in trouble Tonto".  Tonto's reply "what you mean
    we Lone Ranger?".  Perhaps he knows that although most everyone in
    the world is horrified by this attack and the loss of human life, not
    everyone agrees with the direction that he wants to take.  But to
    many, voicing that concern suddenly makes one unpatriotic, a liberal
    patsy and/or other choice names.  But that right to speak freely
    and to disagree is one of the cornerstones of this country.  It is
    NOT unpatriotic to disagree with the policy or directions that this
    country and it's leadership takes at any time.  Period.
    There are always many agendas that come into play to make up the big
    picture.  With the current state of the economy, a war could help
    boost the economy right now.  It could also take people's attention
    away from the economy.  Given some of the lies, subterfuge and
    falling away from a number of campaign promises that Bush has
    committed in his limited history so far, one might  wonder about
    ulterior motives.  Or you can just be a blind "patriot" and accept
    everything your told at face value.  There seems to be a lot of
    people who have suddenly come out of the woodwork, waving flags,
    spewing BS but having little or no knowledge of politics, government
    or world affairs.  Some of these people are even guilty of
    attacking and killing people merely because they look Middle
    Eastern.  Yes, we have our own terrorist, racist, anti-Semitic
    problems also.  Perhaps we should put more into solving those
    also?3. I fully support ridding the world of terrorism.  But
    there are different ways to approach this task and in fact, it may not
    be something that anyone can do, even the almighty USA, despite whatever
    rhetoric is thrown at the issue.  I just don't think we are going
    to succeed at that task by invading or bombing Afghanistan.  Why
    weren't we waging this war years ago?  And don't bring up Clinton's
    policies because we could have been trying to stop terrorism during
    Reagan or GHB's terms.  It's interesting how the Bush team and much
    of the world was applying pressure to stop Israel from going after and
    killing the terrorists afflicting their country.  But now
    that our own homeland has suffered a terrorist incident, it's suddenly
    all right to mobilize the armed forces, possibly restrict civil
    liberties in the name of this war while chasing down and killing
    terrorists, isn't it?  Suddenly, "the sleeping giant" has woken and
    is now going to solve this major problem that has been vexing the rest
    of the world for too many years?  Forgive me for being just a bit
    skeptical.  Hell, we couldn't even stop the terrorists from
    entering and leaving this country whenever they wanted, from getting on
    airplane after airplane until they decided to drive into a building with
    one.  4. Regardless of how people and countries feel in the
    heat of this moment, there is a strong likelihood that significant
    military action in the Mideast could destabilize the area.  We may
    wind up with no oil and fighting one billion Muslims.  Past history
    shows that coalitions change over time and initial support and anger by
    people in the USA will whittle away as time marches on and the
    casualties come home with no appreciable progress in the crusade.
    This is reality.  It's not going to be any different now, any more
    than the new economy was.  You can't change human nature.
    We failed in Iraq (Hussein is still in power and the people are
    still under his oppressed rule), we failed in Vietnam, losing many lives
    there, spent much money and creating great divisiveness in this
    county for many years.  I hear Bush and others talking about a
    "long" war just like 'nam.  I hear people talking about
    hand-to-hand combat as if it's some video game, which it is most
    assuredly not.  Didn't we learn anything at all from our past
    experiences in 'nam or those of the British and Russia in
    Afghanistan?    We can't use cruise missiles or aerial
    bombing for there's little left to bomb in Afghanistan!  The
    country is covered with mines from the Russian war.  The only way
    we can take out Afghanistan is to neutron bomb it, something that
    hopefully, even Bush won't do.You know by now that the Afghans
    stopped the Russians who threw everything they had against them for 10
    long years.  There is a comic running on the editorial page of
    the  local paper here (SF Chronicle) that is very apropos.
    It's got a picture of a stone, another stone, a bigger stone, a little
    stone, one stone on top of another finally a stone in a cross
    hairs.  The caption is labeled "Searching for targets in
    Afghanistan" with a side caption of "Just find the one he's
    under".  We've had a $5 million price on Bin Laden's head for
    years.  No one has yet to collect and we haven't been able to find
    him on our own.  Finally, are we going to go after the IRA
    and other terrorist groups also?  The Brits haven't been very
    successful at clearing up that situation.  Or is this just going to
    apply to Muslim terrorists, specifically those hanging out in
    Afghanistan now?  No one really knows how this war will be
    waged, not even the government.  Or perhaps this is all rhetoric
    and after an appropriate period of mourning, nothing at all will
    happen.  But blind "patriotism" like so many are calling for these
    days will only lead us to places we don't want to go.  This is not
    1941.  It's not the same country nor the same world.  I'll end
    this with two quotes which I hope make some sense."When we
    blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we
    become automatons. We cease to grow." -Anais Nin, The Diaries of Anaïs
    Nin "I love America more than any other country in this world, and,
    exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her
    perpetually." -James Baldwin, Notes of a Native Son
    -----JW--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Dorothy K. Carter"
    <dorothy.carter@xxxx> wrote:Dear Me:  If you had listend
    to the discussions after his speech.. thepundits mentioned that on
    several occasions you could see Bush get tearyeyed...(Isn't that
    emotion?) He is supportive of all religions and allpeople
    The pundits also understand that as the President of the
    UnitedStates he has ultimate say and in charge of armed forces and
    that as long ashe is resolute that everyone else will be.. I
    hope  you will rally behindthe President to support this large
    task.  As one of the NY politicians said(obviously not Hillary)
    that Bush had supported NY fully more than they hadanticipated as NY
    did not vote for Bush.  This politician told someone whowas
    raising the same question that you are  the following:
    After the firstWTC bombing in which only a hand full of people died
    and we did nothing.Now with this attack 6000+ are dead.. next time
    it could be chemicalwarefare with millions dead.... we have to act.. we
    have no choice. I amsorry for preaching to you  like this but
    ..... We as Americans have got tostick together and rally behind
    this President rather you voted for him ornow and be greatful that
    he has the strong cabinet he has to meet andovercome this challenge.. I
    would strongly suggest to you that you can't doas you suggest and be
    a sitting duck as doing nothing guarantees moreterrorist attacks with
    millions of body bags........It should be obviousthat if the world
    does not support this effort to wipe out terrorism thatWestern
    Civilization as we know it will not exist in 10 yrs..  OK I will
    tryto bite my tongue and only post market tradeable information
    DorothyTo unsubscribe from this group, send an
    email

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

size=-2>ADVERTISEMENT