RE: [RT] Re: President Bush

Dear
Me,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I will
not take a lot of time to  respond to your tired, liberal, naive
dialog.  But I could not help at least saying something.  It is no
wonder you
are
neither Republican nor Democrat.  You have no beliefs.  All you can do
is rail against whatever is being done at that the time.  I
would
love
to have had a dialogue like this during the Gulf War.  In this current
attack you take the US to task for not taking out Hussein.  I'll bet back
then
you
were spewing the same old crap you are spewing now about we shouldn't be
there.  You speak of Bush' delivery being monontone.  The only

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>monotone I hear is the same liberal dogma you and your ilk continue to
put forth.  You never offer solutions just constant criticisms and
untruths
about
those who are trying to do something.  By the way you must have thought
Reagan was a wonderful president since you seem to judge
them
by how
well (in your opinion) they deliver a speech.  One purpose of a speech is
to bring people together for the common good.  From the reaction

Bush' I would say you are dead wrong in your assessment of its
effectiveness.  That must be what galls you so.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Go
back and reread your own monotone speech.  See if you can find even a hint
of a solution.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Bill
Daniel

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Me
  [mailto:ibe98765@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 7:17
  PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [RT] Re:
  President BushDorothy,I did watch the
  analysis and listen to the discussions, in fact the TV has been on steady
  for that last 2 weeks jumping among various channels.  I have also
  monitored and posted on a number of forums.  I am neither a
  Republican nor a Democrat.  I vote for the whom ever I feel is the
  best person for the job at that point in time and yes, I did vote for
  Bush.  IMO, Gore was the bigger fool and Bush the lesser of the two
  evils by a very small margin1. I was not attacking Bush personally, I
  was critiquing his speech delivery.  His speech writers wrote and he
  said what people wanted to hear, which was the purpose of the
  speech.  I wasn't saying that Bush wasn't emotional (in his own way),
  just that he isn't a good speaker and doesn't show emotion well.  His
  delivery was monotoned and whether he is or not, he came across as the
  arrogant American stereotype.  I would have liked him to raise his
  voice, take off his shoe and bang it on the podium, show some facial
  expression, show something other than just that thin lipped smile/grin he
  has.  Given that he is President, Bush would do well to get some
  instruction in the art of public speaking.2.  Again, I find
  it interesting how Bush used "I" and you use "we".  Did you ever hear
  that old Lone Ranger joke where they get attacked by a band of
  Indians?  The Lone Ranger says "looks like we are in trouble
  Tonto".  Tonto's reply "what you mean we Lone Ranger?".  Perhaps
  he knows that although most everyone in the world is horrified by this
  attack and the loss of human life, not everyone agrees with the direction
  that he wants to take.  But to many, voicing that concern suddenly
  makes one unpatriotic, a liberal patsy and/or other choice names.
  But that right to speak freely and to disagree is one of the cornerstones
  of this country.  It is NOT unpatriotic to disagree with the policy
  or directions that this country and it's leadership takes at any
  time.  Period.   There are always many agendas that
  come into play to make up the big picture.  With the current state of
  the economy, a war could help boost the economy right now.  It could
  also take people's attention away from the economy.  Given some of
  the lies, subterfuge and falling away from a number of campaign promises
  that Bush has committed in his limited history so far, one might
  wonder about ulterior motives.  Or you can just be a blind "patriot"
  and accept everything your told at face value.  There seems to be a
  lot of people who have suddenly come out of the woodwork, waving flags,
  spewing BS but having little or no knowledge of politics, government
  or world affairs.  Some of these people are even guilty of attacking
  and killing people merely because they look Middle Eastern.  Yes, we
  have our own terrorist, racist, anti-Semitic problems also.  Perhaps
  we should put more into solving those also?3. I fully support
  ridding the world of terrorism.  But there are different ways to
  approach this task and in fact, it may not be something that anyone can
  do, even the almighty USA, despite whatever rhetoric is thrown at the
  issue.  I just don't think we are going to succeed at that task by
  invading or bombing Afghanistan.  Why weren't we waging this war
  years ago?  And don't bring up Clinton's policies because we could
  have been trying to stop terrorism during Reagan or GHB's terms.
  It's interesting how the Bush team and much of the world was applying
  pressure to stop Israel from going after and killing the terrorists
  afflicting their country.  But now that our own homeland has
  suffered a terrorist incident, it's suddenly all right to mobilize the
  armed forces, possibly restrict civil liberties in the name of this war
  while chasing down and killing terrorists, isn't it?  Suddenly, "the
  sleeping giant" has woken and is now going to solve this major problem
  that has been vexing the rest of the world for too many years?
  Forgive me for being just a bit skeptical.  Hell, we couldn't even
  stop the terrorists from entering and leaving this country whenever they
  wanted, from getting on airplane after airplane until they decided to
  drive into a building with one.  4. Regardless of how people
  and countries feel in the heat of this moment, there is a strong
  likelihood that significant military action in the Mideast could
  destabilize the area.  We may wind up with no oil and fighting one
  billion Muslims.  Past history shows that coalitions change over time
  and initial support and anger by people in the USA will whittle away as
  time marches on and the casualties come home with no appreciable progress
  in the crusade.  This is reality.  It's not going to be any
  different now, any more than the new economy was.  You can't change
  human nature.  We failed in Iraq (Hussein is still in power and
  the people are still under his oppressed rule), we failed in Vietnam,
  losing many lives there, spent much money and creating great divisiveness
  in this county for many years.  I hear Bush and others talking about
  a "long" war just like 'nam.  I hear people talking about
  hand-to-hand combat as if it's some video game, which it is most assuredly
  not.  Didn't we learn anything at all from our past experiences in
  'nam or those of the British and Russia in Afghanistan?
  We can't use cruise missiles or aerial bombing for there's little left to
  bomb in Afghanistan!  The country is covered with mines from the
  Russian war.  The only way we can take out Afghanistan is to neutron
  bomb it, something that hopefully, even Bush won't do.You know by
  now that the Afghans stopped the Russians who threw everything they had
  against them for 10 long years.  There is a comic running on the
  editorial page of the  local paper here (SF Chronicle) that is very
  apropos.  It's got a picture of a stone, another stone, a bigger
  stone, a little stone, one stone on top of another finally a stone in a
  cross hairs.  The caption is labeled "Searching for targets in
  Afghanistan" with a side caption of "Just find the one he's under".
  We've had a $5 million price on Bin Laden's head for years.  No one
  has yet to collect and we haven't been able to find him on our own.
  Finally, are we going to go after the IRA and other terrorist groups
  also?  The Brits haven't been very successful at clearing up that
  situation.  Or is this just going to apply to Muslim terrorists,
  specifically those hanging out in Afghanistan now?  No one
  really knows how this war will be waged, not even the government.  Or
  perhaps this is all rhetoric and after an appropriate period of mourning,
  nothing at all will happen.  But blind "patriotism" like so many are
  calling for these days will only lead us to places we don't want to
  go.  This is not 1941.  It's not the same country nor the same
  world.  I'll end this with two quotes which I hope make some
  sense."When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a
  literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." -Anais Nin,
  The Diaries of Anaïs Nin "I love America more than any other country
  in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to
  criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin, Notes of a Native Son
  -----JW--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Dorothy K. Carter"
  <dorothy.carter@xxxx> wrote:Dear Me:  If you had listend to
  the discussions after his speech.. thepundits mentioned that on several
  occasions you could see Bush get tearyeyed...(Isn't that emotion?) He
  is supportive of all religions and allpeople   The pundits also
  understand that as the President of the UnitedStates he has ultimate
  say and in charge of armed forces and that as long ashe is resolute
  that everyone else will be.. I hope  you will rally behindthe
  President to support this large task.  As one of the NY politicians
  said(obviously not Hillary) that Bush had supported NY fully more than
  they hadanticipated as NY did not vote for Bush.  This politician
  told someone whowas raising the same question that you are  the
  following:   After the firstWTC bombing in which only a hand
  full of people died and we did nothing.Now with this attack 6000+ are
  dead.. next time it could be chemicalwarefare with millions dead.... we
  have to act.. we have no choice. I amsorry for preaching to you
  like this but ..... We as Americans have got tostick together and
  rally behind this President rather you voted for him ornow and be
  greatful that he has the strong cabinet he has to meet andovercome this
  challenge.. I would strongly suggest to you that you can't doas you
  suggest and be a sitting duck as doing nothing guarantees moreterrorist
  attacks with millions of body bags........It should be obviousthat if
  the world does not support this effort to wipe out terrorism
  thatWestern Civilization as we know it will not exist in 10
  yrs..  OK I will tryto bite my tongue and only post market
  tradeable information .....  Best,:-)
  :-)    DorothyTo

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

size=-2>ADVERTISEMENT