RE: [RT] divergence oscillator?

If you
are talking about the summation of Chaikin's daily indicator (as opposed to his
oscillator), you might try comparing percentage change:
<SPAN
class=750403403-30082001>
<SPAN
class=750403403-30082001>(current indicator value / indicator value n periods
ago ) - (<SPAN
class=750403403-30082001>current price / price n periods
ago)
<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN
class=750403403-30082001>
<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN
class=750403403-30082001>
<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>This has been a
significant part of William Scmidt's (Tiger Software) stock ranking system for a
couple of decades.
<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN
class=750403403-30082001>
<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2><SPAN
class=750403403-30082001>Stan
<SPAN
class=750403403-30082001><FONT
size=2><FONT color=#0000ff
face=Arial>
<SPAN
class=750403403-30082001>
<SPAN
class=750403403-30082001> -----Original Message-----From:
Steve [mailto:gts@xxxxxx]Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 4:40
PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [RT] divergence
oscillator?

  Members, is there a way to create a divergence
  oscillator?
  An oscillator that would compare the relative
  values of 2 different indicators with different scale values?  I thought
  that using a percentage might work, but have not gave it much thought
  yet.

  I have found the Chaikin indicator to yield good
  signals and wanted to compare to a 1 pd ma of close. <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>Could a single oscillator be developed for this or any other
  indicator that could easily show divergence. If so, then it would make
  screening for trades easier.

  Thanks
  Steve

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor