[RT] Japan

What a classic...from Bloomberg

    Shiokawa
      Hopes Japan's Nikkei Can Defy Gravity and Start Rising

      Tokyo: Japanese Finance Minister Masajuro Shiokawa wants to defy the
      laws of gravity, hoping that what goes down must come up.
      Asked what he thought of today's 1.9 percent slide in the main Nikkei
      225 stock index to below 11,000 for the first time in 17 years, the
      79-year old finance minister said: ``I don't
      understand why it's falling so much. The only thing I can do is believe
      that something that falls will eventually start rising.''

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor