Re: [RT] Markets

Isn't it likely that a lot of people are exiting on anticipation of Welch's
departure from the company?  He is widely regarded (including among Fortune
500 CEO's) and the best CEO of the century.  If that's the case, and given
GE's size, you really can't expect things to get any better at that company.
And if the company is firing on all 12 cynlinders at 10K RPM, it could get
ugly if things start to go wrong.  And again, given their size, there's just
too much that can go wrong.  Unless Welch has a magic wand that he waved
over the FNG to impart his management ability, I would expect stalled
performance in the intermediate term and a lot of spinoffs in the long term.
Television broadcasting, jet engines, and financial services in one company?
I suspect that there are very few people in the world today who could manage
a company that large and that diverse.

Kent

> Earl Adamy wrote:
>
> > Do I spy the great mother ship (and biggest of the big cap stocks)
heading
> > for a hard landing???????? Are there problems lurking in GE Finance?????
The