Re: [RT] OEX options

Dave,

One explanation is that volatility of GE is close to 50% compared to 23% of OEX.
Thus, the change in value of option is proportional.

cboe's website http://www.cboe.com . they have plethora of information, even for most advance
option traders. Use their option calculator as a guide line. they also used to publish historical
volatility. seems like they have suspended since feb 2001. but you can use option calculator to
calculate the implied volatility of a stock/index. Just punch in the stock price, strike price,
expiration month and the current value of the call, and voila ! You get the current implied
volatility. Then you can change it and see how the option of the value will change as it
increases/decreases. Also, change the stock price keeping volatility constant. Write a spreadsheet
using BS method and play around with the numbers. You can probably find already written somewhere
on the web.

Personally, I divide OEX options by 10 to get a feel of option prices. Can't handle
option prices over $5 in my mind :-) Becomes too complicated :-)

So, i'll say, oex is at 63.00 and option 63 call is at 1.30. Hmm.. thats cheap !
then i'll compare that to at the money QQQ or GE or XYZ option. That will give me
a real idea about the volatility of the oex vs the stock.

thanks

mudit