RE: Re[2]: [RT] On posting predictions

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Hi,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
There
is poetic justice and pathos in trading too :))))))))))
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Serge
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: ztrader
[mailto:ztrader@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: May 23, 2001 0:26 AMTo:
realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re[2]: [RT] On posting
predictionsOn Tuesday, May 22, 2001, 12:51:33 PM,
Alexander Levitin wrote:AL> Time and again you are trying to inject
scientific (or even commonAL> sense) thinking into trading.I
admit to that. :-)AL> That would leave no place to the poetry of
trading.I don't admit to that. :-) Perhaps you misunderstand my post. I
thinkthere is lots of 'poetry' in trading. But it depends on what you
callpoetry. To the extent that 'poetry' implies 'judgement'
and/or'intuition', I think even discretionary traders can be
consideredpoetic. So can analysts that don't even trade.There is
little 'poetry' in a computer trading program. However, theideas behind the
code may be great poetry. In many ways, there is roomfor poetry in
trading.AL> I am absolutely sure that when Sun crosses the Moon there
was aAL> top in some market during the past century (maybe several
ofAL> tops).Given *enough* markets, this is statistically *very*
likely. I wouldstop short of "absolutely sure" (if = 100%
probability).AL> And if some one predict that top let him be proud
for theAL> rest of his life as I am proud of buying the absolute
bottoms...Only 'some' markets make a top. If he is trading ALL these
marketswith that same signal, he might not do well at all. If only trading
afew, these may NOT be the ones making a top.AL> The only one
things that counts "how much money you make when youAL> are right, and
how much you did not loose when you are rong".*This* was the topic of my
post. A prediction posted ahead of timeeither makes money or loses money, as
you say. It makes no differencehow the trader made his decision - poetry or
system or whatever.The point of my post had to do with evaluating the
performance of thetrades posted. The first thing most people would like to
know is: howmuch better (if any) he did compared to a coin flip. This has
nothingto do with the poetry of trading either. It is just examining
theresults.AL> Trader is not a scienist of the market, he is a
soldier. Let him to be aAL> poet too.Let him be whatever he needs
to be to succeed.ztraderTo unsubscribe from
this group, send an email
to:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use
of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor