Re: [RT] 5/18 & 5/22 NASDAQ Turning Points

As far as I am concerned, the stochastic indicator is the only one that tells
you where you are now in relation to the cycle you are trading.  If set up
properly it indicates both buying and selling pressure in the markets and
tells which side of the market to be on.  Yes, the lines are a moving average
and a moving average of a moving average, but if you use it exponentially and
an X,3,3 configuration, your relationship with the last X number of bars is
shown and you can tell where the stochastic indicator is going to go next by
just looking back and dropping off the first bar of the series.  It is not
only the indicator, but its effect upon price that gives you a confirmation
of a trade.  It is not a trading system.  It should not be used as over
bought and oversold buy or sell signals and divergences may occur two, three
or four times prior to a reversal in direction of price.  All are warning
signals or trade confirmation signals, they are not triggers to initiate a
trade.  If properly used, this indicator can be a great aid, if improperly
used or fitted, it can cost you a lot of money.  Just like anything else in
trading, horseshoes, golf, or dancing, the better you are the easier it
looks.  Ira