[RT] Re: Fibo Research

To me, there are two practical problems with fib #s on their own: 1)
lack of consistent precision -- people still put stops just beyond
them, tempting the boys to run them when they can.  So while they are
sometimes precise enough to be useful, it isn't consistent.  Also,
there are times when log scale works and times when lin does. 2) How
do you decide which fib # is going to work?  Sometimes clusters help,
but not consistently.

I have come to respect angular geometry techniques like Andrews more
than fib for turning points. Much more precise.  Amazingly, there is
usually an Andrews reason for those turns just above, just below, or
nowhere near fib #s.  I still look at fibs, but as a secondary
consideration.

I don't know how this could ever be tested other than manually
though, not in TS anyway.  The code for the best fit for Andrews
would be pretty darn big.

Chris

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Dan Harels" <harelsdb@xxxx> wrote:
> This is directed to Research, however, I encourage others with
insights to
> reply.
>
> In a previous post, Research indicated that he is fond of figuring
things
> out and that a good share of his trading profits go towards
computational
> power.  Mr. Research has established his credibility in my mind and
I am