[RT] Intuitive traders? (was astro...)

If you are away from the list for a few days, there's a lot of
messages and topics to go through. :-) Reviewing the older astro
posts, and some of the more recent ones on different topics, leads me
to consider the idea of an "intuitive" trader - one who just "sees"
what to do, but may not be able to say why, at least in the very
structured way 'system' traders do.

I know it is difficult to elicit 'knowledge' from people in the clear
and precise way that computers require. This may be part of the poor
communication between astro traders and system traders. To quote some
posts:

"wavemechanic" <wd78@xxxxxxxxxxxx> says:

"Norman Winski" <nwinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> says:

Chris McMurry <chrismcmurry@xxxxxxxx> says:

> It's not that there is no astro system.  The problem is that the
> systems are not at all trivial to code.

This addresses the possible complexity of astro systems, given the
large number of potential components and interactions. But even so he
says

> Because that's not the way to trade astro, IMO.  It's best used as a
> timing adjunct to other technical methodologies.

An indication of the 'intuitive' nature of this is also in a reply by
"Stig O" <olausson@xxxxxxxxxx>, when asked about data over a long
period of time:

> I warn you though, it will be in the form of about 50-75 gif charts
>to digest.

It seems there is little or no software to even check astro methods
relative to trading, and charts are still used. This is a major
impediment to gathering statistical info on astro methods. This is
also mentioned by "Norman Winski" <nwinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I think what you are seeking is just around the corner. There is a
>new program coming out which is Astro based, has AI, neural net, and
>will test for any Astro to market correlation you want.

But, apparently, such a program does not exist yet.

So, it seems astro is an 'intuitive' technique, not currently
amenable to statistical analysis. Is this a fair assumption?

ztrader