[RT] Re: Niederhoffer move waz >EL Wave / Voodoo

So again risk and money management makes the difference.

It also seems that there was someone gamma long on that day, waking
up on the right side of the trade and maybe riding the move down and
up, eventually selling the gamma at a higher implied when lucky.

I sell gamma, but then I prefer to buy the wings...

Soeren

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Research Dept." <research@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello soeren,
>
> i just love this
>
> the  guy  setting  10  feet  from  me  had the exact same puts sold
as
> niederhoffer - the difference was that he had the 10 million in
needed
> margin  to  stay  with  the  game.   also that next tuesday we had
the
> oddball system (the very one that was published in active trader
mag.)
> gave  a  buy  signal  (look and see) i gave him the chart it bought
at
> 10:00  am  as  i  recall.   upon looking at that chart he began
buying
> futures  and  stocks,  adding on to THE BET.  thats how he handled
it.

> ssgd> But cut that: what is his risk management philosophy all
about, eg.
> ssgd> how did he manage several large moves, like the day
Niederhoffer went