Re: [RT] Re[2]: EL Wave / Voodoo

First, I don't believe in luck. Success is pretty much always built
from skill and hard work. But, you can't neglect the fact of
volatility. You have to look at your edge, but also volatility and
skew (and kurtosis) of your p&l distribution. If over a certain
number of trades your volatility is still bigger than your edge, you
can't only call it skill.
You can apply Kelly fraction or least squares method etc. to figure
out how smooth and consistent your p&l actually is.

Second, the guy sitting 5 meters to my right takes 2.5 mln US$
minimum investment, if he still would be open.

Third, if your utility function in trading is different from log
return, certain results might not look very sexy to you. Instead of
maximizing log return you want to maximize your personal utility
function.

But cut that: what is his risk management philosophy all about, eg.
how did he manage several large moves, like the day Niederhoffer went
broke after selling S&P puts?

Rgds,
Soeren