Re: [RT] Charting Equity in TS2000i -- Step by Step

> I really want to chart my equity. I have tried several times in
> TS2000i. Would someone be so kind to tell me, step by step, exactly
> how I do it? I've tried adding a symbol, entering data, etc... and
> haven't had any luck. Thanks a million. Warmly, Brian Voiles

I assume you want to chart the equity on a system you're testing?  If you want to chart arbitrary
equity e.g. in your account, you'd have to dump it to ASCII and chart it in TS like any other
data series.  But Excel would probably be a better match for that.

The "System Equity" indicator in TS4 (and I assume TS2k) shows the equity for the current
system, but it shows the equity on each bar.  So you can only see the equity one chart-page at a
time.

If you want to see the equity curve for an entire chart, you can use the "Equity Curve" indicator
I wrote a while back.  It's available on my FTP site:

  ELA:  ftp://ftp.frii.com/pub/fritz/eqcurve.ela
  Text:  ftp://ftp.frii.com/pub/fritz/eqcurve.txt

The ELA is preferable because it has the proper style setup, etc.  See the comments in the
indicator for how-to instructions.

This indicator displays the closed equity.  I never modified it to show open equity.  If you hold
trades over long periods, and want to see the OPEN equity on your trades, it's easy to change it
yourself.  Just change the line

  Equity = I_ClosedEquity

  Equity = I_OpenEquity

...and change the labels on the plots from "ClosedEq" to "OpenEq" if you want.

Gary