Re: [RT] GOLDEN TRIANGLES

From: "ztrader" <ztrader@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] GOLDEN TRIANGLES

> On Tuesday, May 01, 2001, 11:01:07 PM, Norman Winski wrote:
>
> Thanks for the detailed reply. As a lowly 'system' person, though, it
> is a bit confusing.
>

> NW>  Moon 180 Uranus @ 1:01 PM, May 1, 01 -
>
> NW>   Given that the Moon start's to influence the market one hour
> NW> ahead of an exact event, that is when I start looking for a
> NW> pattern to trade. The ideal is a bell shape curve.
>
> 'Influence' sounds as though it could be anything - up, down, flat,
> fast, slow, gap, etc. Is there any narrowing of the 'influence"' to
> specific things? Are you saying that this 'influence' produces the
> curve?

NW: Yes, I am saying the influence produces the curve.

 Why the bell?
NW: See April 30 S&P 500 and you will see a lovely Bell Curve which made its
retest top
within 5 minutes of the Moon being 90 degrees from the Sun 1:05 PM;  (called
the Quarter Moon).
A bell curve is formed when the market goes in one direction for a period of
time and then reverses. My rules require if looking at a Moon aspect that
the market trend in one direction for one hour before and then reverse at
the time of the event within a few minutes. This tends to create
a bell shaped curve.

> NW>   Last week, I was studying the market movement relative to the
> NW> Venus Retrograde period, March 8 - April 20, got out my $5
> NW> calculator and noticed that the legs were Fibonacci relationships.
> NW> May  1, I was watching for the Moon 180 Uranus at 1:01 PM EDT and
> NW> noticed the same type pattern. In both cases, the market returned
> NW> to its starting price for the first time since departing, near the
> NW> destination time.
>
> I'm a tad confused as to the exact details, I'm afraid. What event(s)
> define the start and end of the pattern?

NW: Sorry, I don't understand your question.I thought I explained it above?
"NW> Venus Retrograde period, March 8 - April 20"  All planetary events have
a beginning and an end. Venus went retro on March 8 and stopped doing that
via went Direct on April 20. That is a beginning and an end which is the
period we are studying.

> NW> It is simply nothing less than amazing!
>
> Please excuse my jaded view of amazing. It has been tempered by
> looking at hundreds of statistically insignificant things over the
> years. My statistical amazement starts up when it is rather
> significant, and is really apparent when we get to the 1% range. :-)
>
> NW> The Venus Retro case was skewed two days early due to the
> NW> Greenspan Fed rate cut announcement.
>
> There might be a problem in getting good stats if we allow too much
> 'slop'.
>
> NW>   A golden triangle
>
> Is this a necessary part of the pattern?

NW: Do you mean is a golden triangle a necessary part of this pattern? Yes,
that was the point of entire post. Additionally, there are other elements to
which I alluded which are of value and can be utilized without the triangle
pattern.

> NW> Side 1 is to Side 2 as Side 2 is to Side 3.  The Venus Retrograde
> NW> period shows two such Golden Triangle. The May 1 Moon - Uranus
> NW> case shows another. Please note on the Venus Retrograde case how
> NW> it looks like the market did a last minute hurry up spike on April
>
> Can this be checked with, say, 100 cases to begin to get some stats?
> Can it be defined well enough to try this by machine rather than
> eyeball?

NW: I don't see why not. Let me know how it goes.
The only drawback is that I think much can be learned by studying these
patterns the old fashioned way that would be lost if you let the computer do
it for you.

> NW>  Generally, what I repeatedly learn in studying these patterns is
> NW> that even when the planetary cycles don't reveal the exact turning
> NW> points as I would ideally like,
>
> Is there an estimate for how accurate they are? This is starting
> toward real stats.

NW: I don't know. I posted what I think MAYBE a glimmer of light to
partially solving a 30 years old problem I have had with the way the markets
sometimes react to apsects when they don't behave the way I think they
should. If you think it is interesting, you are encouraged to further
investigate.

> NW> they do offer valuable market information either in time or price.
>
> Does this mean that we are taking into account all the 'patterns' tell
> us or are there other patterns?

NW: It works reapeated. In the April 30 example, the market whizzed past the
time I thought would be the morning high. However, the price it hit at that
high later turned out to be the key support level  to confirm the afternoon
sell. So, even "failed" Astro info can be good info.