[RT] Re: Virus ALERT. PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Norman Winski" <nwinski@xxxx> wrote:
> I have Norton anti-virus and it is having trouble dealing with this
virus.
> Please advise as to how you handled it. Please also note than any e-
mails
> sent by me and not signed at the end by me were sent by the virus
and not
> me.
>
> It is really me.
>
> Infectedly,
>
> Norman

Norman,

I have written a long explanation of the steps and send it to be
posted, apperantly it is not showing up. In short:

Customer servive of McAfee advised me to:

1. Download superDAT virus scan engine from their web site to the
desktop.

2. Delete all the temporary files in the windows folder.

3. Close all open programs(Ctr-Alt-Del) excep for sys tray and
explorer

4. Run the downloded file(superDAT engine)to update the engine then
run the virus scan.

5. I then deleted all the infected files and reloaded the OS 2000
from the original CD.

Rgds,

Haytham