Fw: [RT] [Fwd: Virus in Emails]

Hi all,

the same problem surfaced on the QCharts list today. It seems there is a
virus named "fun.pif".

Let us all do a search for this file, "fun.pif". Furthermore, let us also
check our "sent mail" boxes. If one of us finds messages there that he
didn't send, he would likely have that virus.

Best,

Michael Suesserott

Michael, good idea to check our "sent mail".  I just checked mine and I have
a sent message to profitok@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with an attachment named
"news_doc.scr" (13.3KB).  Also, I have a sent message to
mtg1021@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the attachment "s3nsong.MP3.pif" (133.3KB).
I have no knowledge of how these messages were sent from my computer unless
it was done by the "badtran" virus, which I acquired and with the help of
Norton AV is now deleted.
Hopefully this virus will run its course in a few days and all well be back
to normal.
This is a terrific group.

Steve Wanasek
stevewan@xxxxxxxx