Re: [Fwd: [RT] E-Mail problems with RT posts]

On Tuesday, April 17, 2001, 7:44:30 AM, Ira Tunik wrote:

IT> This is what I received as a reply to my message.  Don't open the
IT> attachment as I believe it has the virus the virus you have been
IT> talking about.

First of all - Ira - please DO NOT forward to the list any attachment
that you even suspect might be a virus!

Now this assumes that Ira wrote the message. I have recently received
*quite* a few emails from our hacker, all with virii, and he
apparently CAN spoof any email address. If so, this means that he can
insert messages to this list at will, and they can appear to be from
anyone he chooses. Another possibility is that he has been able to
successfully plant trojans on several computers of list members, and
is sending them 'direct'. It might be wise to be careful about any
attachment posted to the list, at least for now. Whoever it is is
going to a bit of trouble to disrupt the list.

ztrader