Re: [RT] STK: CSCO and Bear Mkts

From: <chrischeatham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] STK: CSCO and Bear Mkts

> > mmmm most likely not.... and your point is?
>

> My point is that the Naz is made up of much more speculative, less
> financially secure companies than is the Dow today or was the Dow in
> the 20s-30s.  Those finding comfort comparing the Naz decline to the
> 30s Dow decline (" compared to the largest declines of all time it
> has to be over soon") I fear will be disappointed.
>
> Chris,

   I don't understand why any bull would take comfort in comparing the NAZ
with the DJIA of the
29-32 crash?  Using the same parameters, that would project the Nasdaq Comp.
to 513.  How would that be re-assuring to any long ?  By the way, I just
noticed that 513 is exactly 1/2 of the
DJIA intra-day high of 1026 in 1976 which was the top of Wave I from the
1974 low. Kewl number harmincs ala Gann. It goes to show the various indices
are in tune with each other.

  Here are some bounce numbers on the way down, 1644, 1524, 1404, 1284,
1164, 1044.  The number it's closest to in late April should be the low for
a substantial rally into Summer.

Cheers,

Norman

Rates are falling -- now is the time to Refinance!
IndyMac Bank guarantees to beat any mortgage by $300 or
they will pay you $300! Get your FREE quote here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Eavf1C/7fYCAA/MPlEAA/zf_UlB/TM