Re: [RT] sunspots

The best data I've found for sunspot-related solar radiation levels is
at:

http://www.drao.nrc.ca/icarus/www/sol_home.shtml

The daily data goes back to 1947. I think the "observed" data is the
most relevant for us. That's how much radiation is actually striking the
Earth. If you want to plot it in Excel, subtract 2415018.5 from their
Julian date to get a number that will format to the correct Greenwich
date and time.

While it's an emotionally appealing theory that planet-wide psychology
could be affected by these levels, I've never found any good correlation
between radiation levels and market action. Let me know if anyone has
found any way to use this stuff for trading. :-)

<<<<<<<<<<
About the Data

The database available here comprises two components: measurements of
the 10.7cm Flux and daily records of flux monitor output. Each
measurement of the 10.7cm Solar Flux is expressed in three values: the
"observed", "adjusted" and "URSI Series D." values.

The "observed" value is the number measured by the solar radio
telescope. This is modulated by two quantities: the level of solar
activity and the changing distance between the Earth and Sun. Since it
is a measure of the emissions due to solar activity hitting the Earth,
this is the quantity to use when terrestrial phenomena are being
studied.
<big snip>

--
  Dennis

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/olMXHC/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/zf_UlB/TM