Re: [RT] sunspots

  Thanks for the Sunspot bulletin. I received the following notice from
NOAA. Please note the reference to March 22 which was the low for the last
down move in the US stock market.  Please also note the reference to March
30 - 31. My research indicates March 29-30 as the next important time
window.

Geomagnetically,

Norman

Official Space Weather Advisory issued by NOAA Space Environment Center
Boulder, Colorado, USA

SPACE WEATHER BULLETIN #01- 1
2001 March 28 at 10:48 a.m. MST (2001 March 28 1748 UT)

**** LARGE SUNSPOT GROUP POSES STORM THREAT ****

A very large, complex sunspot group is currently crossing the face of
the Sun. This sunspot group, designated by NOAA space weather
forecasters as Region 9393, has been growing at a rapid rate since
rotating into view on March 22. Forecasters expect Region 9393 to
produce intermittent radio blackouts as high as the category R3
(strong) level before it rotates to the back side of the Sun on April
5. This region also appears capable of producing a category S1 (minor)
to S2 (moderate) space radiation storm. Earlier today, Region 9393
produced an R1 (minor) radio blackout followed by an Earth-directed
coronal mass ejection (CME). This CME is expected to cause category G1
(minor) to G2 (moderate) geomagnetic storm conditions on March 30 - 31.

Data used to provide space weather services are contributed by NOAA,
USAF, NASA, NSF, USGS, the International Space Environment Services
and other observatories, universities, and institutions. More
information is available at SEC's Web site http://sec.noaa.gov or
(303) 497-5127.  The NOAA Public Affairs contact is Barbara McGehan
at bmcgehan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or (303) 497-6288.