Re: [RT] PFG Brokers

Have not tried the similated so no comment. <FONT
face=Arial size=2>I did not experience the situation Bob reported trading my
account, but I have not traded there for a couple of months.

One big issue for electronic trading is the quality
of your internet connection. I live at the cul-de-sac of the information deer
trail. People with leased lines, T1s, DSL and cable have the best chance of good
results.

I like PFG's desk. They answer fast and I have used
them for an out when I was having connection problems. I never open a position
by phone.

A neighbor trades stocks and QQQ thru datek with
good overall service; but they also have had problems. Hey, it's
electronics, stuff happens.

I have not had a bad fill from PFG; using
limit orders I get my price or better. I use mkt orders to cover when I want to
bail and never had a fill more than 1 tick from the spread. One time a stop and
reverse had different fill prices for the cover and the new position. Other
times I got the same fill price. I guess it's the viscissitudes of computer
matching.

The reason I quit trading there regularly
is related to my lousy internet connection; I get better fills thru IB.
When I get a better connection I will trade actively there again. It works fine
for a hedge against my main account.

Michael

wl7bdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<BLOCKQUOTE