No Subject

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=2>DENVER, CO, USA - GALACTIC DAILY FX UPDATE
- 10/19/98</FONT></FONT><FONT size=2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>
<HR>
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>SUMMARY<BR>The dollar opened lower against the yen on fears of
more hedge fund losses<BR>and optimism for a new Japanese stimulus package.
Rumors of U.S. Bank<BR>problems are also weighing on the national currency. The
interest rate cut<BR>boosted the stock market last Thursday but some U.S.
banking stocks were<BR>down on Friday even though the market was up. This may
suggest that more<BR>problems may be surfacing soon. The Dow opened lower but is
up 70 points</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>now.<BR><BR>ASIA<BR>The Tokyo stock market ended Monday 2.16
percent higher still sparked by the<BR>cut in U.S. interest rates. Traders and
analysts warned that if Japanese<BR>economic reforms are not implemented, Tokyo
stocks would retreat again. Hong<BR>Kong's Hang Seng dropped almost 178 points,
which ended a run of 2,000<BR>points since October 5. Elsewhere, traders in
Manila are betting on further<BR>U.S. rate cuts, which drove their market up
3.62 percent. Taiwan ended<BR>virtually unchanged rising just 0.05 percent.
Korean markets were down 2.48<BR>percent and Thailand stocks were down as well
subject to profit taking.<BR><BR>EUROPE<BR>The British Pound was range-bound on
Monday ahead of an economic data packed<BR>week. Statistics on UK money supply
will be released on Tuesday, retail<BR>sales on Wednesday and third quarter GDP
on Friday. Analysts expect this<BR>data to show the need for further cuts in UK
interest rates. Germany's<BR>blue-chip DAX ended up as the Dow edged higher this
morning. The mark is at<BR>the lower end of the day's ranges in cross trading,
giving back gains vs the<BR>Norwegian crown and the Japanese Yen. The Swiss
Franc opened slightly weaker<BR>against the dollar and against the
mark.<BR><BR>AMERICAS<BR>The Canadian Dollar opened flat in quiet trade on
Monday. Dealers are<BR>anticipating the release of a series of Canadian economic
data this week.<BR>Among the releases, Canadian wholesale and merchandise trade
numbers will be<BR>released on Tuesday, the CPI will be released on Wednesday,
and retail sales<BR>numbers will be released on Thursday. The local currency is
expected to<BR>trade in a range the next few days. In cross trading, the CAD was
softer<BR>against the yen but firmer against the mark. The Mexican peso opened
weaker<BR>ahead of the unveiling of Brazilian economic
measures.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=2></FONT></FONT><FONT
size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face="" size=2>Respectfully,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face="" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face="" size=2>Richard Chehovin</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face="" size=2>President&nbsp; Chief Currency
Trader</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Mon Oct 19 11:12:01 1998