Re: comparing chart analysis software

Hi Mary

To determine what software best meets your
needs, I'd first ask what type of technical trader are
you?

*	mechanical or discretionary?

If mechanical, then TS charts would be a place to start.
Unless this feature has been added since I last saw TS, the
one disadvantage TS has:

-  it is unable to test a portfolio of instruments.

"Trading Recipes" overcomes this handicap. As
I see it however, TS has better general charting features.

TR:	http://www.wsdinc.com/products/p2125.shtml

MS is a general charting package and a better value for
money if you are a discretionary trader. Other good packages
in this category are:

*	Market Analyst
*	Advance Get (Elliot/Gann)
*	Nature's Pulse (Time and Price Projections; DOS)
*	Dynamic Trader (Similar to AG without the Elliot Count
	but more time and price tools)
*	WaveWise (This is interesting as it is a spreadsheet disguised as
	a charting package. Very powerful if you know how to write and
	use spreadsheet macros and great value. If you don't know how to
	write macros, I'd leave it alone.)

all the best

ray

R Barros