Re: HELP!!!!!/ XBAR FILES

In a message dated 9/20/98 12:47:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< As a trader, there is no doubt in my mind that volatility during past 6
weeks has increased significantly over historical levels, thus it does not
appear reasonable that volatility is stable. Should I look for proof, I need
look no further than 14 day average true range, 20 day StdDev, or the CBOE VIX
index. Perhaps you are looking for something other than volatility.

 Earl >>

Earl,

Couldn't agree with you more.

The indicators that I use to monitor (not caslulate the underlying market
voliltility show a significant increase here recently.

The bottom indicator on the attached chart is a specific example.

It is simply the difference in the "myprice" vrs Xbar centerline indicators
previously supplied. The yellow lines are +/2 standard deviation lines from a
centerline of "0'" based on the de-trended data going back to 1990.

As you can see these numbers are showing much more "flex" than usual.

As a trader, you gotta love it.

Terry

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\VOLUTI~1.gif"