Re: AN ACT OF CONTRITION

Ken Macht wrote:

> All government is bad; the United States has the good fortune to have the
> best form. History demonstrates this continually.

Don't want to get off topic TOO much <g>, but while I'd say that the U.S. form
of government (republican democracy) is probably the best form currently in
practice, this doesn't mean that it is the best form, especially if reasonable
justification is to be the standard here (as it should be).  The major problem
is that it abrogates the rights of citizens, to a great extent, on the basis of
popularity.  All forms of democracy are essentially based upon of subjugation
to gang force.

> And right now, the true
> strength of a nation is on trial. The question before us is whether to
> suffer this liar and cheat any further.

This whole affair is humorously trivial.  There is no real relevance here to
his ability to carry out his duties as President, and the lie in question,
assuming that it was thought necessary to seek to preserve the integrity of the
office if the populace, wouldn't have been necessary if the American public in
general had the capacity to view this as a private affair having nothing to do
whatsoever with the Presidency.  Other countries are laughing about all this,
and rightfully so.  However, he did not have the courage to tell it like it
was, and while this was regrettable, the idea that the country should be thrown
into political upheaval over this is downright silly.

> The US is in good shape I think, it
> has the tools to rid the tree of this rot, and the strength to continue
> roots intact.

The rot here is the circus that has evolved out of all this - we have the power
to dispose of it, but it will probably linger on for quite a while yet.  In the
mean time, the volatility in the markets that this is helping to create is
great for trading.

Regards,
A.J.