Re: Listen Only Squawkbox

Hi Bill,  I would take issue with your comment that the only difference
between the Lind squawk and the LOS sqauwk is that Lind is Free.  I found
Lind to be a very poor service relative to LOS.  All the guys at Lind seem
to do is call out the bid/offer.  They never give an idea of size traded,
how many people in the pit,  whether the buyers/sellers are Locals or
Goldmans or whoever all of which you will get with LOS.  I should not knock
Lind really as they are providing a free service but it did not add much to
my trading.  LOS on the other hand is I believe worth the $100 a month as
it does provide all of the above.   The sound quality I find to be better
also with LOS dedicated software.

regards

Philip

----------
> From: William F. Nakielski <frt1000@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Listen Only Squawkbox
> Date: 26 August 1998 09:44
>
> RT's
>
> Just a note to the LOS thread.  Lind Waldock has a similar service.
They
> have a guy on the floor who calls out the bid/ask and some sizes of the
> orders and by whom.  You can hear the traders in the background.  You
know
> when they are excited.  You know when they get bored ,athough that hasn't
> happened too much lately :-).
>
> It's available over the internet and I've had the service for about a
year.
> As to downtime here, the only time is when the guy goes to lunch for a
half
> an hour.  He does take small breaks throughout the day for a minute or
two,
> sometimes to answer the phone or to rest his voice.  (It's hard to
imagine
> someone being able to keep going all day at his pace without losing your
> voice.)
>
> As to the echo mentioned in the previous post, it is the same here.  And
> have used it with both of my ISPs, so I guess you'll just have to live
with
> it.  That's just the way the Internet is.
>
> Other wise my comments are the same as the gentleman's post about Listen
> Only Squawk.  I do like it.
>
> The only real difference between Waldocks service and LOS is the price.
> It's FREE (with an account).  So I guess it's hard to knock it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill

Jeff