Re:Splitting a Signal Box Data Stream

Usually two programs can't share the same comport, I've been trying to do the
same with DTN. And if you split the signal off the box so it feeds two comports,
the box will shut down. If anyone has a networking solution please let us know.

Subject: Splitting a Signal Box Data Stream
Author: owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:  8/6/98 12:41 PM

Hey Realtrading Gents:

I've been having fun trying to split a DBC Signal Box's output to
two Workstations.

I'd like some input from anyone who's tried and succeeded same.

I want to send one data-stream to TS 4.0, and then to a venerable
DOS version of Signal that works better than Windows versions of
3.0 or 4.0.

Question: can this be done on one work station, can one get the
two apps to "share" the com port, or do I need to "split" the
signal and send to two PCs.

Feedback please!

TIA