Re: FUTR: Tbonds

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: FUTR: Tbonds
  • From: "T-BONkkkkkkk" <T-BONkkkkkkkkMSNkkkM>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 19:10:52 -0400 (EDT)

Alan

Well, well...   well spotted, well done!

Incidentally,  have you noticed that the Bonds are still behaving in very
contrarian fashion with the S&P?   Unlike the famous FTSE which still
slavishly follows the Dow.  If it weren't for the illiquidity, b/a spread
and stupid volatility, you could trade the FTSE every morning, when the Dow
(S&P) as made a decent move - in any direction!   You know, it always makes
those who know laugh like anything at the spin doctors and commentators
remarks concerning our government, the economy and that perfectly frightful
common market, every time the FTSE makes some sort of move, when all along
it is just following the Dow.

You see, where once we led the world, now we follow Uncle Sam, which is
fine, but...  in return, I just pray that you guys do the decent thing and
kill the ECU, so that the Dollar remains top dog and Sterling is still 2I/C,
then at least we may yet retain our sovereignty as a nation.

O Well, back to biz:  quiet, solid sort of day on the Bonds    when the
market gaps up to take out Yesterday's High and heads north of S2, you kinda
have to buy (or wait for the test after the 9.00am report) and, after that,
the Weekly High was always a good  target for a dozen ticks - not dramatic,
but bread on the table stuff, without too much anguish from volatile
retracements.