Re: Major Question?

Craig - I think you make some very good points, but there are many
reasons for people having longer term views, even if you are day
trading. You are absolutely correct though, trading is heavily mental,
and you need to do your own analysis. I bought too early yesterday in
stocks because I let somebody I respect sway me instead of going with my
own analysis. Only lost a tiny bit, but then did not get in after spooz
trading halt which was my plan:

1) It is important to know what the larger trends (daily, weekly, etc)
are. If I am taking a day trade against a larger trend, I would tend to
be quicker to take profits or question any very large moves against that
trend.

2) Some types of analysis require longer term viewpoints. Elliott Wave
is one example. If I think the market is about to rally in a third wave,
even if it goes higher, I might get out if it does not do it
impulsively. This is true whether my timeframe is 15 minutes or 15 days.

3) Some people are more analyst than trader on this forum (such as me).
So we talk about our views from a longer term perspective.

4) If u r day trading, you probably do not have time to post and
describe every trade you make.

5) Everybody is focused on stocks these days. It is sexy. They might be
forming an historic top, so all have an opinion on it. Interestingly.
almost everybody was bearish yesterday, making almost everybody correct.

Steve