Re: Major Question?

Greetings Real Traders,

I have been reading, and observing the Posts made by Real Traders for about
5 months now, along with the Market predictions, different formulas, i.e.
charts, lines, forks etc., and not only do I find allot of conflicting
ideas, I truly do not see any consistency in any of these ideas!

What I am trying to say is that by observation, one will say the market is
going up, and the other will say the market is going down, all according to
someone's interpretation.

Today was a great example for me, not to listen to anyone, but to trade
one's own system or formula, and not get involved in what other Traders
think!

Today in the news, Clinton was on the hot seat, Traders panicked, and th
DJIA went South big time!  This news had nothing to do with charts, ideas,
speculation or otherwise.  It was a reaction to nothing more than
uncertainty of what is going to happen, if he (Billary) should be found to
be a liar!   (Like he isn't)

You know he "didn't inhale", so why worry?

What I am trying to say is, as a daytrader in the currencies, all the major
currencies went North big time, I made alot of money, because I traded on my
formula which deals with minute by minute trades.  If I was trading on a
long term basis, watching the markets go up and down, I would have a big
time ulcer.  I get in and out, go to bed, wake up the next morning and do it
again.  I just do not understand, how anyone, even with charts and
indicators,  can predict the future of any market?  Daily circumstances
change, minute by minute!

The reason for this post is to ask a simple question? Since most traders
lose money over the long run (I have read about 80-90%,) why so much
speculation on  Long term predictions?  That is all it is, a prediction, and
not reality!

Please do not take me wrong, I just do not understand all of this
mumbo-jumbo!!!  Trading to me is just like a game of Golf, 90% is between
your ears (mental), and 10% is actually physical.  In trading, it is able to
execute your formula at the right place and time, without any outside
interference or hesitation.  Like golf, when you have to worry about keeping
your head down, left arm straight, rotate the hips, turn the hands over
etc., you lose your innate ability to just swing the club, your mind does
crazy things, and you hit the ball fat, slice, or hook. It is hard enough to
deal with market swings on a minute by minute basis, let alone on a weekly,
monthly time period.

What do you think Real Traders?  I would love to hear from you,  your
thoughts and feedback, because that is what this forum is all about!

Craig