Re: cluck cluck

In a message dated 98-07-25 12:37:55 EDT, rjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Subj:	 cluck cluck
 Date:	98-07-25 12:37:55 EDT
 From:	rjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richard)

 We have fairly active markets in the areas of beef and pork, but chicken is
 also something a lot of people eat.

 Wouldn't chicken farmers and those who use chickens in production want to
 use forward contracts for hedges? Or is the market too dominated by just a
 few producers? (Perdue and Tyson come to mind)

 Just something I've been wondering about.

 -RB

RB,

Would it be because the life cycle of chicken is so much shorter than the
others, that farmers can react and control chicken production easily enough
that there is less need to hedge the future price .... ?

William