Re: MKT - DJIA Daily SM analysis

Clyde...

A few comments on SwingMachine:

First of all, speaking for myself, thank you for sharing SM. I have
wondered why others havn't commented on the program? I was one of the
many who downloaded it a few weeks back and have recently started using
it on daily S&P data. IMHO, it seems to function well as a "pattern
recognition" type of tool and I'm checking it often. Like any indicator
which bases its projections on historical "action" there are times when
I would guess it's right on and other times when "things are a little
different". I would not take the signals blindly but use them as a
confirming tool. During limited experimentation I tried changing some of
the settings but went back with the defaults, not really understanding
the value in altering things like compression. I do especially like the
use of + or - to add another day so as to see how the swings change if
tomorrow is up/down. Which leads me to ask... how does the program
determine the range of the "fabricated" day's data? Another question if
I may... is there significance to the colors of the different swing
projections? I seem to have noticed in one of your posts some reference
to the red projection as being the "final" one. Is this correct? Once
again, thank you for the program and may you be blessed a thousand fold
for your generous contribution.

Regards... John