Re: Transferring complete Tradestation setup to laptop?

-----Original Message-----
From: Troutman, Defender of Sticks <troutman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, July 17, 1998 5:42 PM
Subject: GEN: Transferring complete Tradestation setup to laptop?

>I'm in the middle of configuring a laptop with Tradestation to use both
>as an up-in-smoke backup if the primary PC goes down, and as a remote
>office PC.  Is there a simple way to completely transfer my entire price
>database and portfolio from one machine to the other?  I've got
>thousands of symbols and a lot of data, and changes to the portfolio
>that aren't in the original installation.  If this is an obvious RTFM,
>do let me know; I didn't see it, but I didn't do a lot of poring this
>afternoon.

        Hi Troutman,

        Microsoft Briefcase (comes with Windows) was designed to do exactly
what you want to do.  The computers must be linked by cable or on a network.
I have not used it because I only have one computer,  but if you click on
the help button and type "briefcase" you will find plenty of info.

                                            Good luck and good trading,
                                                        Ray Raffurty