Re: Futr: system testing,

Jonathan Stewart Dempster wrote:

> signals are  long entry:  buy this bar on close.
>                 short entry: sell this bar on close.
>
> but i have marked generate signals for the next bar.. so does that mean i
> would get a signal say tuesday after close of market to  buy next bar ie
> wed. at close, so the way i see it is that the system as it is would give
> me a days notice.
> Or am i misunderstanding the situation.? Thanks for feedback so far it
> keeps me thinking things through, and i can see the point being made if i
> was entering and exiting the same day (regarding intra day price movements)
> but this (so it seems ) enters the previous day,then either gets stopped
> out if prices drop/rise open the wrong way outside yesterdays close or
> stays with a trade . i think. J.S.D

Look at your charts:  are the entry and exit arrows on the same bar?

Check out the Omega list for detailed advice on EasyLangueage.  There is
some noise but lots of  people knowledgeable in systems and/or Omega
products.

>From the omegalist's description: "This list is for the discussion of
issues important to professional traders, people who earn their living
trading in the financial markets. It was started as a forum for the ad
hoc support of users, by users, of Omega Research Corporation's
Tradestation software. Later, users of Supercharts and System Writer
joined the fray. Please note, though, that Omega Research has no
official connection with the list, and neither approves nor sponsors the
content. Occasionally a member of the Omega team may listen in, and
perhaps contribute, but not in any official capacity. Although the list
was started with an Omega support function in mind, list members
frequently discuss other, non-Omega related trading topics. Any subject
is welcome, as long as it is pertains directly to serious trading"

All subscription or unsubscription requests should be mailed either to:
omega-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx or to:
omega-digest-request@xxxxxxxxxx depending on whether you want to
subscribe or unsubscribe to/from the real-time list or the digest
version of the list. The content of both lists is the same, but the
digest is sent roughly once a day. In your mail's
Subject: line, say either subscribe or unsubscribe. You will be asked to
confirm your intention to subscribe, to prevent your being maliciously
subscribed to unwanted lists.

								Conrad Bowers