Re:OPT-Assignment

Dave,
It would help if you gave some details such as the stock
the strike and expiration. Some of us might be tracking that
stock and have fundamental or news related reasons. But without
the specifics you're asking for too general a comment.
Such as: American style options allow for early excersize and
there might have been a dividend involved which, on ex-dividend
date, makes the opton worth excersizing.
Also how far from strike is 1.25 points?
Regards,
Stan Rubenstein