Re: foreign holdings of US govt securities

RTīs ,

a thing nobocdy talks about is the fact that the net debt added each year is in
economical terms used to create money. Thats how we get more money in the economy,
get expansion and eventually inflation. The big risk is that if the US starts to pay
down debt, because of the surplus, there will be no more money created, maybe even
soaked up. No more expansion of money and thus by all means of s/d, money would
become a commodity whichs price should rise. Rates would go up, it will be hard to
get credit etc. Thats were the real danger comes from.

Sounds strange, but the medium term effects of a budget surplus are the biggest
threat to stability in our days.

Keep an eye on it - Ulrich