Stocks Screening

Listmembers,

Ok, I know someone is going to laugh and try to ridiculize "funnymentals" but...

Is there anyone using fundamental screening to spot possible stocks to buy? Or
fundamental and technical?

My broker (Ameritrade) offers a free s/w for scanning (Stock Quest) and allows for
weekly update of the data: to me it seems interesting, but I have little idea about what
works. EPS? EPS growth? P/E? Maybe someone knows better and is willing to share some
thoughts.

About P/E and P-to-book I remember having read O'Neill's statements (in Market Wizards)
that they don't have direct influence in a stock's growth. He seemed to focus in EPS
growth, rather.

BTW, how good is O'Neill's book? It's just 8.76 $ from Amazon.

Alberto Torchio
 Torino, Italy