Re: Stocks Screening

At 08:48 AM 7/4/98 -0700, Alberto Torchio wrote:
>Listmembers,
>
>Ok, I know someone is going to laugh and try to ridiculize "funnymentals"
but...

>Is there anyone using fundamental screening to spot possible stocks to
buy? Or
>fundamental and technical?
>
>My broker (Ameritrade) offers a free s/w for scanning (Stock Quest) and
allows for
>weekly update of the data: to me it seems interesting, but I have little
idea about what
>works. EPS? EPS growth? P/E? Maybe someone knows better and is willing to
share some
>thoughts.
>
>About P/E and P-to-book I remember having read O'Neill's statements (in
Market Wizards)
>that they don't have direct influence in a stock's growth. He seemed to
focus in EPS
>growth, rather.
>
>BTW, how good is O'Neill's book? It's just 8.76 $ from Amazon.
>
>Alberto Torchio
> Torino, Italy

I have used Telescan's TIP with Pro-Search.  They have a reduced-function
website version also.  I am not using it actively at this time and do not
have any particular reason to recommend them except that the screening
tools do work

http://www.telescan.com
http://www.wallstreetcity.com
petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx