Re: Stocks Screening

At 08:55 AM 7/5/98 -0300, A.J. Carisse wrote:
>Alberto Torchio wrote:
>
>> Is there anyone using fundamental screening to spot possible stocks to
buy? Or
>> fundamental and technical?
>
>I'm not big on fundamentals anyway, but this can only possibly have
relevance in the longer
>timeframes.  Not EPS or P/E, mind you, which have no real bearing on
anything, but rather
>projected growth rate and that sort of thing.  Nothing you can screen for
to be sure.

>Ciao,
>A.J.

History is no sure clue to the future, but for the most part, the pattern set
over a company's past 5 years tends to continue.

I often screen for sales growth, earnings growth, cash flow growth and high
ROE for the past 1 year, past 3 years and past 5 years.  Other indicators
such as moving average, MACD, RSI, etc help asses the timeliness of a buy
or sell.
petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx